Preserving the Harvest
This beginner’s class covers topics of cold storage, freezing, dehydrating, and canning. Upon completion of this class you will: understand how to safely store food in a variety of ways; be able to choose a food preservation method fitting the food type and intended use; know how to choose a dehydrator, blancher, canner, and other tools for food preservation; and have a list of food items you can begin preserving right away. Bring a lunch!
Note: this class is broken up into two dates, April 8 & April 15
- EarthFest presents the film, Canary, at Pop’s Art Theater, October 4 – 11
- Stop by EarthFest booth at the Electrify Rochester Expo!
- Join us at the EarthFest Expo, April 22
- Grand Opening of “The RITE School” October 15, 2022
- Check out our YouTube Channel! Watch our virtual event: EarthFest Kickoff 2022