Armstrong Wetlands & Rice Lake State Park Field Trip
Meet in the Hy-Vee Barlow’s south parking lot (nearest Civic Center Dr) at 7 am to car pool/caravan to the wetlands located just north of Rice Lake State Park (about a 45 minute drive). Dress for the weather, bring your own binoculars, lunch, snacks and water. Bring a spotting scope if you have one. We’ll visit the wetlands first, followed by Rice Lake. Trails are generally good in the park but be prepared for uneven ground and muddy/wet areas. We should a see waterfowl, herons, raptors, woodpeckers, early arriving warblers, and possibly Sand Hill Cranes in both locations. NOTE: if the wetlands/lake are still frozen, or the weather is very rainy, this trip will be rescheduled. Watch for updates. Masks and social distancing may still be required – check back for updates.
- EarthFest presents the film, Canary, at Pop’s Art Theater, October 4 – 11
- Stop by EarthFest booth at the Electrify Rochester Expo!
- Join us at the EarthFest Expo, April 22
- Grand Opening of “The RITE School” October 15, 2022
- Check out our YouTube Channel! Watch our virtual event: EarthFest Kickoff 2022